Here's another great dinner recipe! I just added it in as a regular rotation item for Saturday nights, that how good it is to me! I love the nutty flavor that the almond meal adds and the coconut brings in a sweetness reminiscent of fast food chicken nuggets, but without any of the guilt! If you don't have access to almond meal you can make your own by putting almonds in a food processing and processing until the nuts are a fine powder. In food combing there's a rule where you're not supposed to combine proteins. I try hard not to, but in the case of adding an egg (and also in this recipe the almond meal) to help bind a recipe together I find it is ok to make the exception. Kids of all ages are going to love these tenders! I even added a little ranch dressing and didn't feel at all guilty! Enjoy!
Chicken Tenders
Recipes For Repair: a Lyme Disease Cookbook
About 3 servings
1 egg
2 tablespoons coconut creamer or coconut milk
½ cup almond meal
½ cup unsweetened coconut
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
12 ounces skinless, white meat chicken cut into strips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
Combine the egg and coconut creamer or milk in a shallow dish.
Combine the remaining ingredients, except the chicken and the oil on a flat plate.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes, or until hot.
Dip the chicken into the egg mixture. Then dredge the egged chicken into the almond meal mixture.
Add half the tenders to the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan, and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
Add the remaining oil if needed and cook the rest of the tenders.