Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Lunch - Phyllo Egg Rolls

I was needing some new recipes to try and hopefully add to my collection. That's where all these are coming from. So far, I've been doing really good with the results! I've never been a huge egg roll fan, but I think these are going to be a new favorite! Note the tip below that I reheated these in my Pizzazz and they got even crispier than they had been originally out of the oven! 

 


Phyllo Egg Rolls

Adapted from recipe on Betty Crocker website

3 servings


1 8 ounce package of mushrooms, chopped

4 cups coleslaw mix (from a 1-lb bag)

3 tablespoons tamari

1 teaspoon grated ginger root

½ teaspoon five-spice powder

1 small onion, chopped (about ¼ cup)

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

18 thawed phyllo sheets


Heat oven to 350ºF. In a 10-inch skillet, cook the vegetables over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted.


Cover phyllo sheets with plastic wrap, then with damp towel to keep them from drying out. Place 1 phyllo sheet on a cutting board; spray with cooking spray. Repeat with 2 more phyllo sheets to make a stack of 3 sheets. Cut stack of phyllo into thirds to make 3 rectangles, and 14x6.


Place 1/4 cup of the veggie mix on the short end of each rectangle; roll up, folding in edges of the phyllo. Place roll, seam side down, on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and veggie mixtures. Spray rolls with cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with dipping sauce.


Tip: I reheated the leftovers on the pizzazz and they got even crispier than they had been straight from the oven.


Dipping sauce

3 T tamari

3 T sesame oil

3 T rice vinegar

dashes of ginger, garlic powder

1 T honey