Sunday, February 14, 2021

Lunch - Veggie Fajita Burritos


I went looking for recipes for some favorite Mexican recipes that I haven't been making because they aren't Food Combining compliant.  Here's one that I found and adapted to fit my needs. It's good and pretty spicy too!

Veggie Fajita Burritos

from twopeasandtheirpod.com

3-4 Servings


Fajita Seasoning:

2 teaspoons chili powder

1 teaspoon cumin

½ teaspoon garlic powder

½ teaspoon onion powder

½ teaspoon smoked paprika

Pinch of cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon kosher salt

¼ teaspoon black pepper


For The Fajita FIlling:

2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil

1 green bell pepper, sliced

1 red bell pepper, sliced

1 yellow bell pepper, sliced

1 medium red onion, sliced

8 oz mushrooms, sliced

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon fresh lime juice


For Serving:

Tortillas, corn or flour

Guacamole

Vegan shredded cheese

Rice


In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.


In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onion, and mushrooms and stir until the veggies are coated in the oil. Add the fajita seasoning and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic and lime juice and cook for 2 minutes. The vegetables should be tender but still slightly crisp. I like to serve these in the jumbo tortillas and wrap em' up like a burrito so it's not so messy.


Can serve with a little bit of rice to help cut the heat of the spices!