Thursday, February 11, 2021

Versatile - Turmeric, Carrot & Ginger Soup


I needed just a couple of adaptations for this recipe. I used vegetable broth in place of the bone broth they called for. And I left out the pound of shrimp. This makes a great lunch with GF bread or GF crackers. Or put the shrimp back in for a great dinner!


Turmeric Carrot & Ginger Soup

Adapted from Atkins Eat Right, Not Less


3 tablespoons olive oil

4 carrots, thinly sliced

2 cups cauliflower florets

4 garlic cloves, chopped

½ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 teaspoon ground turmeric

1 tablespoon peeled, grated ginger

1 quart vegetable broth


Warm the olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the carrots, cauliflower, garlic, salt and pepper; cook 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables start to brown. Add the turmeric and ginger and cook 1 minute more to blend the flavors.


Add the broth and cover, increasing the heat to medium high. As soon as the soup comes to a boil, reduce to low and cook 7 to 8 additional minutes, until tender. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.