Friday, June 28, 2019

Lunch - Cauliflower Tacos



I seem to be most excited to share my innovations for lunch time meals! I think I posted earlier stating that this meal has been my hardest meal to figure out and find a comfort level with, so I'm super excited to share this and I get super excited when this recipe comes up in my monthly menu planner!

I wanted to have tacos. But I can no longer have protein and starches together. So what to do? I thought that bag of crumbled cauliflower in the store looked hopeful. The first time I attempted this recipe I cooked the p*ss out the poor cauliflower, treating it like I would if I were browning ground beef. Well, it tasted good all together, but in subsequent attempts at this recipe I take a new approach and just lightly sauté the cauliflower in oil and add homemade taco seasoning to taste. Corn taco shells are my starch in this recipe. I add the cauliflower, some taco sauce, then vegan cheese. I'm usually eating these at work and need to microwave at this point to heat the ingredients. Once the tacos are out of the microwave I add sliced tomatoes, black olives and shredded lettuce. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything on this plan as these are freakin' delicious!

P.S.: If you don't have taco stands, buy them here: Taco stands

P.S. : Very popular with my grandnieces!