Thursday, June 13, 2019

Liquids



Food Combining also stresses "not drowning your food", which means limiting water intake while you are eating and keeping it to a minimum. First thing every morning you should drink room temperature water with real lemon. About an hour to an hour and half after breakfast I have about two cups of tea. Gillian McKeith recommended Nettle Tea to someone on her television show. I tried it and like its earthy flavor. And I keep this up all day. After my morning snack I wait a half hour to an hour before more water. Then again drinking water after lunch and after afternoon snack and dinner.





I drink a lot of water! Either water with lemon or water infused with lemon, ginger or fruit. My "treat" water is Pellegrino sparkling water.

I'm am pretty much off coffee but have found an oat substitute works when I need some. Coconut cream is a delicious non-dairy cream alternative. I turn to this hot chocolate or mocha now when I need a hot drink. I have adapted this recipe for a healthy hot chocolate or mocha and included the recipe below. Give it a try! Working on adapting as an ice coffee. Need to eliminate the coconut oil as it solidifies when chilled so not working so well for me yet!


Coconut Mocha or Hot Chocolate
adapted from a recipe in Clean Plate by Gwyneth Paltrow 

2 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 teaspoons instant oat coffee (coffee substitute)
2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
2 teaspoons coconut sugar
Pinch of sea salt
2 teaspoons coconut cream

I use my coffee pot to heat the water. Pour enough water over coconut oil to melt. Add the other cacao and sugar, stir to mix. Add coconut cream and additional water to desired level. Enjoy!