Friday, June 28, 2019

Dinner - Curried Cauliflower Soup

Another soup, but this one is a protein containing soup for your dinner. With a side salad or vegetable. I found this soup in the book Volumetrics, but it didn't have a protein so I tried adding a can of beans. I think it works perfectly, making the flavor of the soup much richer!

Curried Cauliflower Soup
From Volumetrics
4 Servings


1 T EVOO
1 1/2 cups halved and sliced onions
1 teaspoon curry powder
4 cups vegetable broth
4 cups chopped cauliflower
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1 can Great Northern beans, rinsed
2 cups shredded zucchini, abt 2 small

Heat the oil in a 4-5 quart pot over medium heat. Add the onions and curry powder. Cover and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the broth, cauliflower, salt, water and beans to the pot. Bring the soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Cover the pot and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Puree the soup with an immersion blender.

Add the zucchini to the soup and heat through.