Friday, June 28, 2019

Dinner - Scrambled or Lazy Omelette

I love eggs so much that I raise chickens! Since starting Food Combining I have had to change a lot of my eating habits and eggs have suffered! I used to love a not so healthy breakfast of eggs over easy, hash browns, sautéed spinach, buttered toast and coffee. Most days this didn't agree with me and I just struggled for a long time in accepting that. And since I've been on Food Combining I've been trying to just simplify this by eating the eggs and spinach for Dinner, but I couldn't get the flavor right. I recently mentioned that I sometimes have reacted to fresh garlic, and that's what the saute recipe calls for. I tried substituting with garlic powder but the flavor wasn't the same. 

So I tried going back to an old idea of a scrambled omelette. I'm sure Perkins makes a version in another name, but I created this on my own years ago and have brought it into Food Combining. Actually, Lazy Omelette would work too! There is no recipe here. What?! Well, I check the kitchen to see what vegetables I have on had. Sometimes mushrooms, sometimes broccoli, onion, peppers, you name it. Asparagus, too. I even tried cauliflower and thought I would have it again! Fresh tomatoes. Anyhow, moving on. Prep two to three servings of vegetables. Saute what needs it - hold back what doesn't, such as a tomato. When you are satisfied with your veggies then add 2-3 eggs, salt and pepper, and any tender vegetables you are using. Finally add to the pan or once you plate your preference of dairy-free cheese and/or goat cheese. It's delicious! The omelette below features broccoli, tomato, onion, vegan cheddar and mozzarella as well as goat cheese!